Re: Where can I get Linkstations now? Does it have FTP server? Power consumption

  • cherrytreeproduction
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2007
      i checked the powerconsumption once and the Linkstation only (without
      usb-hdds) really only needed 14 watts.

      For the stock ftp-server proftpd is used.

      if you have some special needs regarding the proftpd-server then you
      can configure it from the commandline also.

      for easy usage i recommend OpenLink (regardless which one of the older
      boxes you might geht).

      the newer LS Pro/LS Live also uses proftpd...and it also works well.

      if anything is to limiting for you then you can install FreeLink which
      is a minimal debian...then you can install everything available for
      debian.

      -- mindbender
      www.linkstationwiki.net

      http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&submitsearch=Search&satitle=linkstation&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=60130&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1