Re: Dyndns client for LS pro

  • cherrytreeproduction
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 4 8:21 AM
      http://ddclient.sourceforge.net/

      this dyndns-client is written in perl...and perl is even on the stock
      system.

      you need to enable telnet of your LS Pro with acp_commander, connect
      via telnet, follow the installation here:
      http://ddclient.sourceforge.net/#install

      that should be all to get it working.

      -- mindbender
      www.linkstationwiki.net

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Kasoff"
      <nicholas@...> wrote:

      > I was told that the LinkStation Pro has a DynDns client. But I sure
      > don't see it in the menu. Am I going to have to freelink to accomplish
      > this, or is there some way within the existing OS? I've got plenty of
      > Linux experience, but this is my first LinkStation. Help!

    • Nick Kasoff
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 5 8:45 AM
        Ok ... I enabled Telnet with acp_commander, installed ddclient, and
        create the config file. Now I'm getting this when I run it:

        root@LS-GLFA5:/usr/sbin# ./ddclient
        Can't locate Getopt/Long.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
        /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/a
        rmv5tejl-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8
        /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/a
        rmv5tejl-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8
        /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_pe
        rl .) at ./ddclient line 13.
        BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./ddclient line 13.

        Am I doing something wrong, or does the LS Pro have crippled PERL?

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 5 9:55 AM
          I sort of answered my own question here ... in comparing
          /usr/local/lib/perl5 on the Linkstation to the corresponding folder on
          my Fedora server, it is just a very small subset of Perl. And, through
          experimenting, I've also determined that I can't just copy the Perl
          folder from my Linux box, because there are some portions that are
          CPU-specific. So ... I'm still not there.

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 6 8:41 AM
            you should be able to install the missing modules via CPAN

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 6 8:56 AM
              Forgive my ignorance ... but which distro do I need to use?

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 6 11:27 AM
                i suppose you can even use the stock firmware.

                http://www.cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html

                question is if you really need some other perl modules...

                if ddclient needs some specific modules then it should be inside the
                ddclient docs.

                -- mindbender