Re: Dyndns client for LS pro

  • lucian_muresan
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2 11:31 AM
      <musikgoat@...> wrote:
      [...]
      > As for getting it on the LSpro, Freelink would be your best bet.
      For the LSpro,there is also GenLink available now (being Gentoo it's
      virtually unlimited extensible, so it's also a matter of taste, or
      distribution one is used to), and ddclient has been proven to work
      with DynDNS using the web page IP querying method, and adding ssl=true
      (or similar, I found this info on the DynDNS page when helping a
      Genlink user troubleshoot ddclient).

      Lucian
    • cherrytreeproduction
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4 8:21 AM
        http://ddclient.sourceforge.net/

        this dyndns-client is written in perl...and perl is even on the stock
        system.

        you need to enable telnet of your LS Pro with acp_commander, connect
        via telnet, follow the installation here:
        http://ddclient.sourceforge.net/#install

        that should be all to get it working.

        -- mindbender
        www.linkstationwiki.net

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Kasoff"
        <nicholas@...> wrote:

        > I was told that the LinkStation Pro has a DynDns client. But I sure
        > don't see it in the menu. Am I going to have to freelink to accomplish
        > this, or is there some way within the existing OS? I've got plenty of
        > Linux experience, but this is my first LinkStation. Help!

      • Nick Kasoff
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 5 8:45 AM
          Ok ... I enabled Telnet with acp_commander, installed ddclient, and
          create the config file. Now I'm getting this when I run it:

          root@LS-GLFA5:/usr/sbin# ./ddclient
          Can't locate Getopt/Long.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
          /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/a
          rmv5tejl-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8
          /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/a
          rmv5tejl-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8
          /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_pe
          rl .) at ./ddclient line 13.
          BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./ddclient line 13.

          Am I doing something wrong, or does the LS Pro have crippled PERL?

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 5 9:55 AM
            I sort of answered my own question here ... in comparing
            /usr/local/lib/perl5 on the Linkstation to the corresponding folder on
            my Fedora server, it is just a very small subset of Perl. And, through
            experimenting, I've also determined that I can't just copy the Perl
            folder from my Linux box, because there are some portions that are
            CPU-specific. So ... I'm still not there.

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 6 8:41 AM
              you should be able to install the missing modules via CPAN

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 6 8:56 AM
                Forgive my ignorance ... but which distro do I need to use?

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 6 11:27 AM
                  i suppose you can even use the stock firmware.

                  http://www.cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html

                  question is if you really need some other perl modules...

                  if ddclient needs some specific modules then it should be inside the
                  ddclient docs.

                  -- mindbender