Re: [LinkStation_General] DST changes

  • Rusty Haddock
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
      Marc Bizer wrote:
      >On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
      >>I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
      >>latest Openlink.
      >
      >I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
      >Does it matter?
      >
      > --Marc

      No, not really, Marc. It should work with pretty much any version
      of Linux.

      Check the file /etc/localtime -- mine is a symbolic link to

      /usr/share/zoneinfo/CST6CDT

      I think yours will be the same according to the headers in your mail.

      Oh, Tony's URL wasn't quite correct -- use ...2007a.... not 2007b

      -Rusty-
      --
      _____ Rusty Haddock = KD4WLZ = rusty@...
      |\/ o \ o **Out yonder in the Van Alstyne (TX) Metropolitan Area**
    • larryjadams@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
        Marc,

        I suggest that you open a ticket with BuffaloTech. I suspect that, in order to correct for this, they will release a new firmware version. In order to do this, they have to obtain an updated embedded Linux from their supplier before they can package such a thing. I would think that they will be too cheap to do this though, but we'll see.

        TheWitness

        From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
        > On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
        > >I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
        > >latest Openlink.
        >
        > I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
        > Does it matter?
        >
        > --Marc
      • Marc Bizer
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
          On 2/23/07 at 11:32 AM +0000, larryjadams@... wrote:
          >Marc,
          >
          >I suggest that you open a ticket with BuffaloTech. I suspect that,
          >in order to correct for this, they will release a new firmware
          >version. In order to do this, they have to obtain an updated
          >embedded Linux from their supplier before they can package such a
          >thing. I would think that they will be too cheap to do this though,
          >but we'll see.

          I can't use their firmware updates, because I have installed Netatalk
          2 and made some other modifications :-(

          --Marc