Re: [LinkStation_General] DST changes

  • Marc Bizer
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
      On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
      >I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
      >latest Openlink.

      I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
      Does it matter?

      --Marc
    • Rusty Haddock
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
        Marc Bizer wrote:
        >On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
        >>I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
        >>latest Openlink.
        >
        >I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
        >Does it matter?
        >
        > --Marc

        No, not really, Marc. It should work with pretty much any version
        of Linux.

        Check the file /etc/localtime -- mine is a symbolic link to

        /usr/share/zoneinfo/CST6CDT

        I think yours will be the same according to the headers in your mail.

        Oh, Tony's URL wasn't quite correct -- use ...2007a.... not 2007b

        -Rusty-
        --
        _____ Rusty Haddock = KD4WLZ = rusty@...
        |\/ o \ o **Out yonder in the Van Alstyne (TX) Metropolitan Area**
      • larryjadams@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
          Marc,

          I suggest that you open a ticket with BuffaloTech. I suspect that, in order to correct for this, they will release a new firmware version. In order to do this, they have to obtain an updated embedded Linux from their supplier before they can package such a thing. I would think that they will be too cheap to do this though, but we'll see.

          TheWitness

          From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
          > On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
          > >I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
          > >latest Openlink.
          >
          > I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
          > Does it matter?
          >
          > --Marc
        • Marc Bizer
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
            On 2/23/07 at 11:32 AM +0000, larryjadams@... wrote:
            >Marc,
            >
            >I suggest that you open a ticket with BuffaloTech. I suspect that,
            >in order to correct for this, they will release a new firmware
            >version. In order to do this, they have to obtain an updated
            >embedded Linux from their supplier before they can package such a
            >thing. I would think that they will be too cheap to do this though,
            >but we'll see.

            I can't use their firmware updates, because I have installed Netatalk
            2 and made some other modifications :-(

            --Marc