Re: [LinkStation_General] DST changes

  • Tony Morehen
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
      I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink.  I'm using the latest Openlink.

      In a directory such as tmp run these commands
      wget http://www.it.ubc.ca/__shared/assets/zoneinfo-2007b-world.tgz
      tar -C /usr/share -xzvf  zoneinfo-2007b-world.tgz

      Now test it, run
      /usr/bin/zdump -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/MST7MDT | grep 2007
      You should see 4 lines, 2 with a mar 11 date and 2 with Nov 4 dates

      larryjadams@... wrote:

      Update to freelink (Debian 3.1) :)

      TheWitness
      From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
      > Hi,
      >
      > Still no response. What can we do to modify our Linkstation
      > (v.1) to take into account the new Daylight Savings rules?
      >
      > --Marc

      Subject:
      [LinkStation_General] DST changes
      From:
      Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
      Date:
      Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:49:49 +0000
      To:
      LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com
      To:

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
        On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
        >I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
        >latest Openlink.

        I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
        Does it matter?

        --Marc
      • Rusty Haddock
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
          Marc Bizer wrote:
          >On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
          >>I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
          >>latest Openlink.
          >
          >I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
          >Does it matter?
          >
          > --Marc

          No, not really, Marc. It should work with pretty much any version
          of Linux.

          Check the file /etc/localtime -- mine is a symbolic link to

          /usr/share/zoneinfo/CST6CDT

          I think yours will be the same according to the headers in your mail.

          Oh, Tony's URL wasn't quite correct -- use ...2007a.... not 2007b

          -Rusty-
          --
          _____ Rusty Haddock = KD4WLZ = rusty@...
          |\/ o \ o **Out yonder in the Van Alstyne (TX) Metropolitan Area**
        • larryjadams@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
            Marc,

            I suggest that you open a ticket with BuffaloTech. I suspect that, in order to correct for this, they will release a new firmware version. In order to do this, they have to obtain an updated embedded Linux from their supplier before they can package such a thing. I would think that they will be too cheap to do this though, but we'll see.

            TheWitness

            From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
            > On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
            > >I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
            > >latest Openlink.
            >
            > I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
            > Does it matter?
            >
            > --Marc
          • Marc Bizer
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
              On 2/23/07 at 11:32 AM +0000, larryjadams@... wrote:
              >Marc,
              >
              >I suggest that you open a ticket with BuffaloTech. I suspect that,
              >in order to correct for this, they will release a new firmware
              >version. In order to do this, they have to obtain an updated
              >embedded Linux from their supplier before they can package such a
              >thing. I would think that they will be too cheap to do this though,
              >but we'll see.

              I can't use their firmware updates, because I have installed Netatalk
              2 and made some other modifications :-(

              --Marc