Re: [LinkStation_General] DST changes

  • larryjadams@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
      Update to freelink (Debian 3.1) :)

      TheWitness
      From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
      > Hi,
      >
      > Still no response. What can we do to modify our Linkstation
      > (v.1) to take into account the new Daylight Savings rules?
      >
      > --Marc
    • Tony Morehen
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
        I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink.  I'm using the latest Openlink.

        In a directory such as tmp run these commands
        wget http://www.it.ubc.ca/__shared/assets/zoneinfo-2007b-world.tgz
        tar -C /usr/share -xzvf  zoneinfo-2007b-world.tgz

        Now test it, run
        /usr/bin/zdump -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/MST7MDT | grep 2007
        You should see 4 lines, 2 with a mar 11 date and 2 with Nov 4 dates

        From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
        > Hi,
        >
        > Still no response. What can we do to modify our Linkstation
        > (v.1) to take into account the new Daylight Savings rules?
        >
        > --Marc

        Subject:
        [LinkStation_General] DST changes
        From:
        Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
        Date:
        Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:49:49 +0000
        To:
        LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com
        To:

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
          On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
          >I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
          >latest Openlink.

          I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
          Does it matter?

          --Marc
        • Rusty Haddock
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
            Marc Bizer wrote:
            >On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
            >>I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
            >>latest Openlink.
            >
            >I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
            >Does it matter?
            >
            > --Marc

            No, not really, Marc. It should work with pretty much any version
            of Linux.

            Check the file /etc/localtime -- mine is a symbolic link to

            /usr/share/zoneinfo/CST6CDT

            I think yours will be the same according to the headers in your mail.

            Oh, Tony's URL wasn't quite correct -- use ...2007a.... not 2007b

            -Rusty-
            --
            _____ Rusty Haddock = KD4WLZ = rusty@...
            |\/ o \ o **Out yonder in the Van Alstyne (TX) Metropolitan Area**
          • larryjadams@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
              Marc,

              I suggest that you open a ticket with BuffaloTech. I suspect that, in order to correct for this, they will release a new firmware version. In order to do this, they have to obtain an updated embedded Linux from their supplier before they can package such a thing. I would think that they will be too cheap to do this though, but we'll see.

              TheWitness

              From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
              > On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
              > >I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
              > >latest Openlink.
              >
              > I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
              > Does it matter?
              >
              > --Marc
            • Marc Bizer
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
                On 2/23/07 at 11:32 AM +0000, larryjadams@... wrote:
                >Marc,
                >
                >I suggest that you open a ticket with BuffaloTech. I suspect that,
                >in order to correct for this, they will release a new firmware
                >version. In order to do this, they have to obtain an updated
                >embedded Linux from their supplier before they can package such a
                >thing. I would think that they will be too cheap to do this though,
                >but we'll see.

                I can't use their firmware updates, because I have installed Netatalk
                2 and made some other modifications :-(

                --Marc