[LinkStation_General] DST changes

  • Marc Bizer
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007

      Still no response. What can we do to modify our Linkstation
      (v.1) to take into account the new Daylight Savings rules?

      --Marc
    • larryjadams@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
        Update to freelink (Debian 3.1) :)

        TheWitness
        From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
        > Hi,
        >
        > Still no response. What can we do to modify our Linkstation
        > (v.1) to take into account the new Daylight Savings rules?
        >
        > --Marc
      • Tony Morehen
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
          I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink.  I'm using the latest Openlink.

          In a directory such as tmp run these commands
          wget http://www.it.ubc.ca/__shared/assets/zoneinfo-2007b-world.tgz
          tar -C /usr/share -xzvf  zoneinfo-2007b-world.tgz

          Now test it, run
          /usr/bin/zdump -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/MST7MDT | grep 2007
          You should see 4 lines, 2 with a mar 11 date and 2 with Nov 4 dates

          From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
          > Hi,
          >
          > Still no response. What can we do to modify our Linkstation
          > (v.1) to take into account the new Daylight Savings rules?
          >
          > --Marc

          Subject:
          [LinkStation_General] DST changes
          From:
          Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
          Date:
          Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:49:49 +0000
          To:
          LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com
          To:

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
            On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
            >I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
            >latest Openlink.

            I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
            Does it matter?

            --Marc
          • Rusty Haddock
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
              Marc Bizer wrote:
              >On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
              >>I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
              >>latest Openlink.
              >
              >I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
              >Does it matter?
              >
              > --Marc

              No, not really, Marc. It should work with pretty much any version
              of Linux.

              Check the file /etc/localtime -- mine is a symbolic link to

              /usr/share/zoneinfo/CST6CDT

              I think yours will be the same according to the headers in your mail.

              Oh, Tony's URL wasn't quite correct -- use ...2007a.... not 2007b

              -Rusty-
              --
              _____ Rusty Haddock = KD4WLZ = rusty@...
              |\/ o \ o **Out yonder in the Van Alstyne (TX) Metropolitan Area**
            • larryjadams@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
                Marc,

                I suggest that you open a ticket with BuffaloTech. I suspect that, in order to correct for this, they will release a new firmware version. In order to do this, they have to obtain an updated embedded Linux from their supplier before they can package such a thing. I would think that they will be too cheap to do this though, but we'll see.

                TheWitness

                From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
                > On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
                > >I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
                > >latest Openlink.
                >
                > I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
                > Does it matter?
                >
                > --Marc
              • Marc Bizer
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
                  On 2/23/07 at 11:32 AM +0000, larryjadams@... wrote:
                  >Marc,
                  >
                  >I suggest that you open a ticket with BuffaloTech. I suspect that,
                  >in order to correct for this, they will release a new firmware
                  >version. In order to do this, they have to obtain an updated
                  >embedded Linux from their supplier before they can package such a
                  >thing. I would think that they will be too cheap to do this though,
                  >but we'll see.

                  I can't use their firmware updates, because I have installed Netatalk
                  2 and made some other modifications :-(

                  --Marc