Re: Linkstation Pro can't find shares after reset

  • peter224722
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22 2:18 AM
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "rmn1644" <rmn1644@...> wrote:

      > Hey all,
      >
      > I reset and then reflashed my LS pro and now my shares are no where to
      > be found. The drive still says the data is there (50% full) but I
      > have no idea how to find them and then reset them up.
      >
      > Can anyone help?
      >
      > Thanks!

      Sound like your data is still on the internal disk ( /mnt/disk1 ) ,
      but that no share are set up.

      if you had shares, have you tried remaking them ?

      Sounds like a Samba problem !!

      all the best Peter
    • Marc Bizer
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 22 1:47 PM

        Still no response. What can we do to modify our Linkstation
        (v.1) to take into account the new Daylight Savings rules?

        --Marc
      • larryjadams@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 22 4:54 PM
          Update to freelink (Debian 3.1) :)

          TheWitness
          From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
          > Hi,
          >
          > Still no response. What can we do to modify our Linkstation
          > (v.1) to take into account the new Daylight Savings rules?
          >
          > --Marc
        • Tony Morehen
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 22 7:18 PM
            I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink.  I'm using the latest Openlink.

            In a directory such as tmp run these commands
            wget http://www.it.ubc.ca/__shared/assets/zoneinfo-2007b-world.tgz
            tar -C /usr/share -xzvf  zoneinfo-2007b-world.tgz

            Now test it, run
            /usr/bin/zdump -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/MST7MDT | grep 2007
            You should see 4 lines, 2 with a mar 11 date and 2 with Nov 4 dates

            From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
            > Hi,
            >
            > Still no response. What can we do to modify our Linkstation
            > (v.1) to take into account the new Daylight Savings rules?
            >
            > --Marc

            Subject:
            [LinkStation_General] DST changes
            From:
            Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
            Date:
            Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:49:49 +0000
            To:
            LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com
            To:

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 22 7:33 PM
              On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
              >I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
              >latest Openlink.

              I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
              Does it matter?

              --Marc
            • Rusty Haddock
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 22 8:11 PM
                Marc Bizer wrote:
                >On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
                >>I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
                >>latest Openlink.
                >
                >I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
                >Does it matter?
                >
                > --Marc

                No, not really, Marc. It should work with pretty much any version
                of Linux.

                Check the file /etc/localtime -- mine is a symbolic link to

                /usr/share/zoneinfo/CST6CDT

                I think yours will be the same according to the headers in your mail.

                Oh, Tony's URL wasn't quite correct -- use ...2007a.... not 2007b

                -Rusty-
                --
                _____ Rusty Haddock = KD4WLZ = rusty@...
                |\/ o \ o **Out yonder in the Van Alstyne (TX) Metropolitan Area**
              • larryjadams@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 23 3:32 AM
                  Marc,

                  I suggest that you open a ticket with BuffaloTech. I suspect that, in order to correct for this, they will release a new firmware version. In order to do this, they have to obtain an updated embedded Linux from their supplier before they can package such a thing. I would think that they will be too cheap to do this though, but we'll see.

                  TheWitness

                  From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
                  > On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
                  > >I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
                  > >latest Openlink.
                  >
                  > I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
                  > Does it matter?
                  >
                  > --Marc
                • Marc Bizer
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 23 5:37 AM
                    On 2/23/07 at 11:32 AM +0000, larryjadams@... wrote:
                    >Marc,
                    >
                    >I suggest that you open a ticket with BuffaloTech. I suspect that,
                    >in order to correct for this, they will release a new firmware
                    >version. In order to do this, they have to obtain an updated
                    >embedded Linux from their supplier before they can package such a
                    >thing. I would think that they will be too cheap to do this though,
                    >but we'll see.

                    I can't use their firmware updates, because I have installed Netatalk
                    2 and made some other modifications :-(

                    --Marc