Linkstation Pro can't find shares after reset

  • rmn1644
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
      Hey all,

      I reset and then reflashed my LS pro and now my shares are no where to
      be found. The drive still says the data is there (50% full) but I
      have no idea how to find them and then reset them up.

      Can anyone help?

      Thanks!
    • peter224722
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "rmn1644" <rmn1644@...> wrote:

        > Hey all,
        >
        > I reset and then reflashed my LS pro and now my shares are no where to
        > be found. The drive still says the data is there (50% full) but I
        > have no idea how to find them and then reset them up.
        >
        > Can anyone help?
        >
        > Thanks!

        Sound like your data is still on the internal disk ( /mnt/disk1 ) ,
        but that no share are set up.

        if you had shares, have you tried remaking them ?

        Sounds like a Samba problem !!

        all the best Peter
      • Marc Bizer
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007

          Still no response. What can we do to modify our Linkstation
          (v.1) to take into account the new Daylight Savings rules?

          --Marc
        • larryjadams@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
            Update to freelink (Debian 3.1) :)

            TheWitness
            From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
            > Hi,
            >
            > Still no response. What can we do to modify our Linkstation
            > (v.1) to take into account the new Daylight Savings rules?
            >
            > --Marc
          • Tony Morehen
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
              I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink.  I'm using the latest Openlink.

              In a directory such as tmp run these commands
              wget http://www.it.ubc.ca/__shared/assets/zoneinfo-2007b-world.tgz
              tar -C /usr/share -xzvf  zoneinfo-2007b-world.tgz

              Now test it, run
              /usr/bin/zdump -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/MST7MDT | grep 2007
              You should see 4 lines, 2 with a mar 11 date and 2 with Nov 4 dates

              From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
              > Hi,
              >
              > Still no response. What can we do to modify our Linkstation
              > (v.1) to take into account the new Daylight Savings rules?
              >
              > --Marc

              Subject:
              [LinkStation_General] DST changes
              From:
              Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
              Date:
              Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:49:49 +0000
              To:
              LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com
              To:

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
                On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
                >I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
                >latest Openlink.

                I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
                Does it matter?

                --Marc
              • Rusty Haddock
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
                  Marc Bizer wrote:
                  >On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
                  >>I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
                  >>latest Openlink.
                  >
                  >I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
                  >Does it matter?
                  >
                  > --Marc

                  No, not really, Marc. It should work with pretty much any version
                  of Linux.

                  Check the file /etc/localtime -- mine is a symbolic link to

                  /usr/share/zoneinfo/CST6CDT

                  I think yours will be the same according to the headers in your mail.

                  Oh, Tony's URL wasn't quite correct -- use ...2007a.... not 2007b

                  -Rusty-
                  --
                  _____ Rusty Haddock = KD4WLZ = rusty@...
                  |\/ o \ o **Out yonder in the Van Alstyne (TX) Metropolitan Area**
                • larryjadams@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
                    Marc,

                    I suggest that you open a ticket with BuffaloTech. I suspect that, in order to correct for this, they will release a new firmware version. In order to do this, they have to obtain an updated embedded Linux from their supplier before they can package such a thing. I would think that they will be too cheap to do this though, but we'll see.

                    TheWitness

                    From: Marc Bizer <hms92@...>
                    > On 2/22/07 at 8:18 PM -0700, Tony Morehen wrote:
                    > >I assume that you are using Openlink or Freelink. I'm using the
                    > >latest Openlink.
                    >
                    > I'm using the version of Linux that shipped with the Linkstation.
                    > Does it matter?
                    >
                    > --Marc
                  • Marc Bizer
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
                      On 2/23/07 at 11:32 AM +0000, larryjadams@... wrote:
                      >Marc,
                      >
                      >I suggest that you open a ticket with BuffaloTech. I suspect that,
                      >in order to correct for this, they will release a new firmware
                      >version. In order to do this, they have to obtain an updated
                      >embedded Linux from their supplier before they can package such a
                      >thing. I would think that they will be too cheap to do this though,
                      >but we'll see.

                      I can't use their firmware updates, because I have installed Netatalk
                      2 and made some other modifications :-(

                      --Marc