It`s time for Freelink on Linkstaion Pro

  • peter224722
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2007
      Hi, it's time where I'm thinking off replacing the Oh1jty Firmware mod
      with a version of freelink for my Linkstation pro.
      But checking up on a couple of things before I go ahead:-

      It's said that if you can't bear the idea of having a new brick, you
      shouldn't do it.

      My definition of a brick is :- ( Hardware damaged, or
      software/firmware totally unrepairable – or it leased by myself )

      Is it true that if I don't "update boot" in debug of the update tool
      I'm totally safe of bricking the Linkstation pro ( My definition ).

      Eg there is a way out by removing the hard disk.

      With freelink do I have to set up all the conf files myself, or is
      they a web admin, just like stock, but different.

      Thanks in advance Peter