Re: Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

  • pstorage0001
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
      i have HD-HG400LAN, the gigabit home server

      yes it does sound like a fan noise. i do have warranty but are you
      suggesting that the fan might be bad? how is it that they would
      replace it for better model under warranty?

      i'll check out the link, thanks

      <musikgoat@...> wrote:

      > What thing? which linkstation do you have?
      >
      > Usually there are only two reasons for the noise, the hard drive, or
      > the fan.
      > The fan is usually more common to be the noise maker.
      >
      > Are you in your warranty? If so, replace it, if not, take a look
      > here for replacement possibilities. (may involve soldering)
      >
      > http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Fan_noise
      >

      > -goat
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "pstorage0001"
      > <pelachrum@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is there a way to make this thing run more quietly???

    • musikgoat
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
        I haven't personally gone through a replacement, but I would suspect
        that they would either repair it or more likely, replace it.
        I would suggest that you call the tech support to find out more info
        about that, in the mean time, remember that opening the unit voids the
        warranty with Buffalo.

      • rsteiner@visi.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 10, 2007
          Here in the mailing list for buffalo,
          "musikgoat" <musikgoat@...> spake unto us, saying:

          >I haven't personally gone through a replacement, but I would suspect
          >that they would either repair it or more likely, replace it.

          I just had a fan in my 250GB LinkStation die while it was still in
          warranty, so I called them, and they swapped the old unit for a new
          250GB LinkStation Pro. That was a rather nice upgrade. :-)

          The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.