Re: Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

  • musikgoat
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2007
      What thing? which linkstation do you have?

      Usually there are only two reasons for the noise, the hard drive, or
      the fan.
      The fan is usually more common to be the noise maker.

      Are you in your warranty? If so, replace it, if not, take a look
      here for replacement possibilities. (may involve soldering)

      http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Fan_noise

      -goat

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "pstorage0001"
      <pelachrum@...> wrote:

      > Is there a way to make this thing run more quietly???

    • pstorage0001
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
        i have HD-HG400LAN, the gigabit home server

        yes it does sound like a fan noise. i do have warranty but are you
        suggesting that the fan might be bad? how is it that they would
        replace it for better model under warranty?

        i'll check out the link, thanks

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
          I haven't personally gone through a replacement, but I would suspect
          that they would either repair it or more likely, replace it.
          I would suggest that you call the tech support to find out more info
          about that, in the mean time, remember that opening the unit voids the
          warranty with Buffalo.

        • rsteiner@visi.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 10, 2007
            Here in the mailing list for buffalo,
            "musikgoat" <musikgoat@...> spake unto us, saying:

            >I haven't personally gone through a replacement, but I would suspect
            >that they would either repair it or more likely, replace it.

            I just had a fan in my 250GB LinkStation die while it was still in
            warranty, so I called them, and they swapped the old unit for a new
            250GB LinkStation Pro. That was a rather nice upgrade. :-)

            The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.