Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

  • pstorage0001
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2007
      Is there a way to make this thing run more quietly???
    • musikgoat
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8, 2007
        What thing? which linkstation do you have?

        Usually there are only two reasons for the noise, the hard drive, or
        the fan.
        The fan is usually more common to be the noise maker.

        Are you in your warranty? If so, replace it, if not, take a look
        here for replacement possibilities. (may involve soldering)

        http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Fan_noise

        -goat

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "pstorage0001"

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
          i have HD-HG400LAN, the gigabit home server

          yes it does sound like a fan noise. i do have warranty but are you
          suggesting that the fan might be bad? how is it that they would
          replace it for better model under warranty?

          i'll check out the link, thanks

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
            I haven't personally gone through a replacement, but I would suspect
            that they would either repair it or more likely, replace it.
            I would suggest that you call the tech support to find out more info
            about that, in the mean time, remember that opening the unit voids the
            warranty with Buffalo.

          • rsteiner@visi.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 10, 2007
              Here in the mailing list for buffalo,
              "musikgoat" <musikgoat@...> spake unto us, saying:

              >I haven't personally gone through a replacement, but I would suspect
              >that they would either repair it or more likely, replace it.

              I just had a fan in my 250GB LinkStation die while it was still in
              warranty, so I called them, and they swapped the old unit for a new
              250GB LinkStation Pro. That was a rather nice upgrade. :-)

              The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.