Re: can I compile my program directly in the LinkStation?

  • musikgoat
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 25, 2007
      Yes, if you flash the unit with Debian, you recompile till your blue
      in the face.

      The kernel in that is a 2.4, and the debian instructions don't change
      that, but people have gotten 2.6 based kernels on it. Dont know if
      you are writing that program for others.

      http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Freelink_-_Convert_the_LinkStation_into_a_Full-fledged_Debian_Linux_Server

      -goat

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, yang zl <semihosting@...>
      wrote:

      > hi all,
      > I still have not a LinkStation, but I will get one in recent
      days. I want to port my
      > program from x86 to the Linkstation HD(MIPS 400MHz),it seems
      someone have install debian
      > successfully to Linkstation,but I can't get any information about
      whether I can compile my
      > program directly in the LinkStation or not.If so ,it means not
      need to cross-compile,right?
      > I think someone here may give me some tips ,any help is reatly
      appreciated.

      > ---------------------------------

    • semihosting
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 26, 2007
        thank you very much ,will try that:)

        <musikgoat@...> wrote:

        > Yes, if you flash the unit with Debian, you recompile till your blue
        > in the face.
        >
        > The kernel in that is a 2.4, and the debian instructions don't
        change
        > that, but people have gotten 2.6 based kernels on it. Dont know if
        > you are writing that program for others.
        >
        > http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Freelink_-
        _Convert_the_LinkStation_into_a_Full-fledged_Debian_Linux_Server

        > -goat
        >

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, yang zl <semihosting@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > hi all,
        > > I still have not a LinkStation, but I will get one in recent
        > days. I want to port my
        > > program from x86 to the Linkstation HD(MIPS 400MHz),it seems
        > someone have install debian
        > > successfully to Linkstation,but I can't get any information
        about
        > whether I can compile my
        > > program directly in the LinkStation or not.If so ,it means not
        > need to cross-compile,right?
        > > I think someone here may give me some tips ,any help is reatly
        > appreciated.

      • semihosting
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 26, 2007

          <cherrytreeproduction@...> wrote:

          > you can install the native toolchains from here:
          > http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?
          title=Precompiled_C_development_environment%2C_running_on_the_LS