Re: can I compile my program directly in the LinkStation?

  • cherrytreeproduction
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 25, 2007
      you can install the native toolchains from here:
      http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Precompiled_C_development_environment%2C_running_on_the_LS

      if you have the LS2 then you need the mipsel-tools_2.1
      http://downloads.linkstationwiki.net/development_tools/

      then you can compile c and c++ code.

      welcome to the community!

      -- mindbender
      www.linkstationwiki.net

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, yang zl <semihosting@...>
      wrote:

      > hi all,
      > I still have not a LinkStation, but I will get one in recent
      days. I want to port my
      > program from x86 to the Linkstation HD(MIPS 400MHz),it seems
      someone have install debian
      > successfully to Linkstation,but I can't get any information about
      whether I can compile my
      > program directly in the LinkStation or not.If so ,it means not
      need to cross-compile,right?
      > I think someone here may give me some tips ,any help is reatly
      appreciated.

      > ---------------------------------

    • musikgoat
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 25, 2007
        Yes, if you flash the unit with Debian, you recompile till your blue
        in the face.

        The kernel in that is a 2.4, and the debian instructions don't change
        that, but people have gotten 2.6 based kernels on it. Dont know if
        you are writing that program for others.

        http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Freelink_-_Convert_the_LinkStation_into_a_Full-fledged_Debian_Linux_Server

        -goat

        wrote:

        > hi all,
        > I still have not a LinkStation, but I will get one in recent
        days. I want to port my
        > program from x86 to the Linkstation HD(MIPS 400MHz),it seems
        someone have install debian
        > successfully to Linkstation,but I can't get any information about
        whether I can compile my
        > program directly in the LinkStation or not.If so ,it means not
        need to cross-compile,right?
        > I think someone here may give me some tips ,any help is reatly
        appreciated.

        > ---------------------------------

      • semihosting
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 26, 2007
          thank you very much ,will try that:)

          <musikgoat@...> wrote:

          > Yes, if you flash the unit with Debian, you recompile till your blue
          > in the face.
          >
          > The kernel in that is a 2.4, and the debian instructions don't
          change
          > that, but people have gotten 2.6 based kernels on it. Dont know if
          > you are writing that program for others.
          >
          > http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Freelink_-
          _Convert_the_LinkStation_into_a_Full-fledged_Debian_Linux_Server

          > -goat
          >

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, yang zl <semihosting@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > hi all,
          > > I still have not a LinkStation, but I will get one in recent
          > days. I want to port my
          > > program from x86 to the Linkstation HD(MIPS 400MHz),it seems
          > someone have install debian
          > > successfully to Linkstation,but I can't get any information
          about
          > whether I can compile my
          > > program directly in the LinkStation or not.If so ,it means not
          > need to cross-compile,right?
          > > I think someone here may give me some tips ,any help is reatly
          > appreciated.

        • semihosting
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 26, 2007