can I compile my program directly in the LinkStation?

  • yang zl
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2007
      hi all,
         I still have not a LinkStation, but I will get one in recent days. I want to port my
      program from x86 to the Linkstation HD(MIPS 400MHz),it seems someone have install debian
      successfully to Linkstation,but I can't get any information about whether I can compile my
      program directly in the LinkStation or not.If so ,it means not need to cross-compile,right?
        I think someone here may give me some tips ,any help is reatly appreciated.

    • cherrytreeproduction
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 25, 2007
        you can install the native toolchains from here:
        http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Precompiled_C_development_environment%2C_running_on_the_LS

        if you have the LS2 then you need the mipsel-tools_2.1
        http://downloads.linkstationwiki.net/development_tools/

        then you can compile c and c++ code.

        welcome to the community!

        -- mindbender
        www.linkstationwiki.net

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, yang zl <semihosting@...>
        wrote:

        > hi all,
        > I still have not a LinkStation, but I will get one in recent
        days. I want to port my
        > program from x86 to the Linkstation HD(MIPS 400MHz),it seems
        someone have install debian
        > successfully to Linkstation,but I can't get any information about
        whether I can compile my
        > program directly in the LinkStation or not.If so ,it means not
        need to cross-compile,right?
        > I think someone here may give me some tips ,any help is reatly
        appreciated.

        > ---------------------------------

      • musikgoat
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 25, 2007
          Yes, if you flash the unit with Debian, you recompile till your blue
          in the face.

          The kernel in that is a 2.4, and the debian instructions don't change
          that, but people have gotten 2.6 based kernels on it. Dont know if
          you are writing that program for others.

          http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Freelink_-_Convert_the_LinkStation_into_a_Full-fledged_Debian_Linux_Server

          -goat

          wrote:

          > hi all,
          > I still have not a LinkStation, but I will get one in recent
          days. I want to port my
          > program from x86 to the Linkstation HD(MIPS 400MHz),it seems
          someone have install debian
          > successfully to Linkstation,but I can't get any information about
          whether I can compile my
          > program directly in the LinkStation or not.If so ,it means not
          need to cross-compile,right?
          > I think someone here may give me some tips ,any help is reatly
          appreciated.

          > ---------------------------------

        • semihosting
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 26, 2007
            thank you very much ,will try that:)

            <musikgoat@...> wrote:

            > Yes, if you flash the unit with Debian, you recompile till your blue
            > in the face.
            >
            > The kernel in that is a 2.4, and the debian instructions don't
            change
            > that, but people have gotten 2.6 based kernels on it. Dont know if
            > you are writing that program for others.
            >
            > http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Freelink_-
            _Convert_the_LinkStation_into_a_Full-fledged_Debian_Linux_Server

            > -goat
            >

            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, yang zl <semihosting@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > hi all,
            > > I still have not a LinkStation, but I will get one in recent
            > days. I want to port my
            > > program from x86 to the Linkstation HD(MIPS 400MHz),it seems
            > someone have install debian
            > > successfully to Linkstation,but I can't get any information
            about
            > whether I can compile my
            > > program directly in the LinkStation or not.If so ,it means not
            > need to cross-compile,right?
            > > I think someone here may give me some tips ,any help is reatly
            > appreciated.

          • semihosting
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 26, 2007