Got nfsd working

  • dtaub001
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2004
      The portmap and nfs-utils binaries from yellowdog-2.3 work just fine:

      ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.3/ppc/YellowDog/ppc/portmap-4.0-38a.ppc.rpm
      ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.3/ppc/YellowDog/ppc/nfs-utils-0.3.1-13.7.2.1.ppc.rpm

      Pick out the following files from those two rpms:

      /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs
      /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfslock
      /etc/rc.d/init.d/portmap
      /var/lib/nfs/etab
      /var/lib/nfs/xtab
      /var/lib/nfs/rmtab
      /var/lib/nfs/statd/
      /usr/sbin/exportfs
      /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
      /usr/sbin/nhfsstone
      /usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd
      /usr/sbin/nfsstat
      /usr/sbin/showmount
      /usr/sbin/pmap_dump
      /usr/sbin/pmap_set
      /sbin/rpc.lockd
      /sbin/rpc.statd
      /sbin/rpcdebug

      Then edit the three init.d files a bit.

      I'm hoping that the web cgi files can be easily adapted to fill out
      the /etc/exports and /etc/hosts.* configs.

      I'll post a tar file with everything needed in a few days...

      Derek
    • dtaub001
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2004
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dtaub001" <taubert@g...>
        wrote:

        > The portmap and nfs-utils binaries from yellowdog-2.3 work just fine:

        ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.3/ppc/YellowDog/ppc/portmap-4.0-38a.ppc.rpm

        ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.3/ppc/YellowDog/ppc/nfs-utils-0.3.1-13.7.2.1.ppc.rpm

        > Pick out the following files from those two rpms:
        >
        > /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs
        > /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfslock
        > /etc/rc.d/init.d/portmap
        > /var/lib/nfs/etab
        > /var/lib/nfs/xtab
        > /var/lib/nfs/rmtab
        > /var/lib/nfs/statd/
        > /usr/sbin/exportfs
        > /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
        > /usr/sbin/nhfsstone
        > /usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd
        > /usr/sbin/nfsstat
        > /usr/sbin/showmount
        > /usr/sbin/pmap_dump
        > /usr/sbin/pmap_set
        > /sbin/rpc.lockd
        > /sbin/rpc.statd
        > /sbin/rpcdebug

        Whoops. Forgot:

        /sbin/portmap

        Also had to pick up some files from:

        ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.3/ppc/YellowDog/ppc/initscripts-6.43-1c.ppc.rpm

        /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions
        /sbin/initlog

        Derek

        > Then edit the three init.d files a bit.
        >
        > I'm hoping that the web cgi files can be easily adapted to fill out
        > the /etc/exports and /etc/hosts.* configs.
        >
        > I'll post a tar file with everything needed in a few days...
        >
        > Derek
      • James Ronald
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2004
          Here is another source for binaries that will work on the linkstation.

          http://www.kurobox.com/downloads/

          Check out the binary.zip file. It contains some of the more common
          packages that are standard on the Kuro box.

          JR

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dtaub001" <taubert@g...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > The portmap and nfs-utils binaries from yellowdog-2.3 work just fine:

          ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.3/ppc/YellowDog/ppc/portmap-4.0-38a.ppc.rpm

          ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.3/ppc/YellowDog/ppc/nfs-utils-0.3.1-13.7.2.1.ppc.rpm

          > > Pick out the following files from those two rpms:
          > >
          > > /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs
          > > /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfslock
          > > /etc/rc.d/init.d/portmap
          > > /var/lib/nfs/etab
          > > /var/lib/nfs/xtab
          > > /var/lib/nfs/rmtab
          > > /var/lib/nfs/statd/
          > > /usr/sbin/exportfs
          > > /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
          > > /usr/sbin/nhfsstone
          > > /usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd
          > > /usr/sbin/nfsstat
          > > /usr/sbin/showmount
          > > /usr/sbin/pmap_dump
          > > /usr/sbin/pmap_set
          > > /sbin/rpc.lockd
          > > /sbin/rpc.statd
          > > /sbin/rpcdebug
          >
          > Whoops. Forgot:
          >
          > /sbin/portmap
          >
          > Also had to pick up some files from:

          ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.3/ppc/YellowDog/ppc/initscripts-6.43-1c.ppc.rpm

          > /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions
          > /sbin/initlog
          >
          > Derek
          >

          > > Then edit the three init.d files a bit.
          > >
          > > I'm hoping that the web cgi files can be easily adapted to fill out
          > > the /etc/exports and /etc/hosts.* configs.
          > >
          > > I'll post a tar file with everything needed in a few days...
          > >
          > > Derek
        • Thom Mason
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 9, 2004
            Fantastic - this file has gcc, make, glibc etc. I installed them on
            my linkstation and bingo - native compiles no problem. I made mt-
            daapd (and the required libraries (libid3tag, zlib - libgbm was one
            of the Kuro binaries)). It compiled no problems and it's now up and
            running on my linkstation serving mp3's to itunes and my Soundbridge
            (I'm using the Sept 19 nightly compile which supports Soundbridge
            sort of). No need for cross compiles which is good since my linux
            PC went up in smoke last weekend.

            I also untar'd the perl binary and it has all the missing pm files
            etc. As a result I got ddclient up and runing so my linkstation is
            now monitoring my IP and updating dyndns.org.

            <jronald@c...> wrote:
            > Here is another source for binaries that will work on the
            linkstation.

            > http://www.kurobox.com/downloads/
            >
            > Check out the binary.zip file. It contains some of the more common
            > packages that are standard on the Kuro box.
            >
            > JR
          • 7tronics Plc, M Smith
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 9, 2004
              Looking for performance enhancement over ftp, has anyone tried porting
              a multi-threaded ftp server such as gFTP ( http://gftp.seul.org/ ) ?

              Key appears to be the support for pthreads or Linux threads. Don't see
              anything in the KuroBox libraries, but this is an area that is new to me.

              Cheers de Mark @ 7tronics
            • 7tronics Plc, M Smith
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 10, 2004
                Poorly worded post, what I meant was:

                Looking for performance enhancement over ftp, has anyone tried porting
                or measuring a multi-threaded ftp server such as unfs3 to map with a
                multi-threaded ftp client such as gFTP ( http://gftp.seul.org/ ) ?

                --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "7tronics Plc, M Smith"
                <k6fu3vphnqo350t@s...> wrote:

                > Looking for performance enhancement over ftp, has anyone tried porting
                > a multi-threaded ftp server such as gFTP ( http://gftp.seul.org/ ) ?
                >
                > Key appears to be the support for pthreads or Linux threads. Don't see
                > anything in the KuroBox libraries, but this is an area that is new
                to me.

                > Cheers de Mark @ 7tronics
              • dtaub001
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 11, 2004
                  <jronald@c...> wrote:
                  > Here is another source for binaries that will work on the linkstation.
                  >
                  > http://www.kurobox.com/downloads/
                  >
                  > Check out the binary.zip file. It contains some of the more common
                  > packages that are standard on the Kuro box.
                  >
                  > JR

                  What a find! Not only do the apps integrate perfectly, but the full
                  source is available, including gcc. I'm pretty sure that this is the
                  exact gcc that was used to build the Linkstation kernel/libs/apps (it
                  matches the uname output and has the ppc DWARF support that was
                  missing from the 2.95.3 base), so we should be able to build/modify
                  the kernel with ease.

                  Thanks!

                  FWIW, the distribution appears to use /usr/sbin/initdconfig to control
                  the rc configs. Give "/usr/sbin/initdconfig --list" a try...

                  Derek