Re: Help! Linkstation HD-HG400 Disappeared!

  • cherrytreeproduction
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 23, 2007
      question is if you need 2.6 at all.

      if you use openlink you can use it as well....

      so NFS for example is only available with 2.6....

      but if you don`t need you can go without...i am getting pretty similar
      speeds with ext3 as a filesystem.....i need to finish the ramdisk from
      scratch....jonli447 told me that the ramdisk cannot work because i
      compiled it with 2.6.17 kernel headers....and i just tried it with
      2.4! i flashed UBoot because of testing....UBoot allows me to use a
      2.6-kernel without loader.o.....and the 2.6-kernel did not fit into
      the flash....

      there might be soon some new firmwares maybe....butthen UBoot is
      mandatory for some features....

      anyway, good luck.

      -- mindbender
      www.linkstationwiki.net