Problem Installing Slimserver on LS2 (script.pm)

  • ant_in_wales
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2007
      Hi All

      After a rapid progress, I have got Slimserver & Perl on my Linkstation 2.
      Runs, but gives error message "Can't locate strict.pm @INC (@INC
      contains ....) compilation aborted ./slimserver line 15"

      Has anyone seen or had this?

      Thanks

      Tony
    • Chris Archer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 16, 2007
        Tony

        Don't know what version of Slimserver you are installing. 6.5 seems
        somewhat problematic especially for a non Linux person like me.

        I flashed my LS2 to Openlink then I used an excellent script to
        fully install 6.3.1 + additional modules (including Perl).

        You can get the script from :-

        http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?
        t=26740&highlight=6.3.1+install

        Believe me it really makes life easy. I've had 6.3.1 up for about 2
        months now with a Squeezebox and it's one of the best things I have
        invested in.

        Chris

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ant_in_wales"