Re: BIOS Flash Not Working On LS2

  • ant_in_wales
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
      Ah - thanks very much Chris & Mindbender.

      Yet when I telnetted onto LS, rather than get the prompt I expected it
      said "bash205#" and I didn't need to log in (though could browse
      happily).
      Is that normal? Why didn't I need to put in the root password?

      [I fear my questions are going to be a bit basic, but may prove a
      useful resource for other newbies in the future....)

      Cheers

      Tony

      > > Now I might be wrong (and I can't find the reference) but I am sure
      > > read something on Linkstation wiki one time that it did report this
      > > depsite being a leter version. Maybe someone could confirm.
      >
      > thats absolutely right.
      >
      > -- mindbender
      > www.linkstationwiki.net

    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ant_in_wales" <ant_in_wales@...> wrote:

        > Ah - thanks very much Chris & Mindbender.
        >
        > Yet when I telnetted onto LS, rather than get the prompt I expected it
        > said "bash205#" and I didn't need to log in (though could browse
        > happily).
        > Is that normal? Why didn't I need to put in the root password?

        That's covered in the linkstationwiki.net FAQ 3.8:

        <http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?
        title=FAQ#I_downloaded_a_custom_firmware_and_now_telnet_no_longer_prompts_me_for_a
        _password._What.E2.80.99s_going_on.3F>

        -Andre
      • ant_in_wales
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
          Ah-ha! Thanks Andre - an evening of vi beckons...
          (which I last used in 1993)