Re: BIOS Flash Not Working On LS2

  • cherrytreeproduction
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2007
      > Now I might be wrong (and I can't find the reference) but I am sure I
      > read something on Linkstation wiki one time that it did report this
      > depsite being a leter version. Maybe someone could confirm.

      thats absolutely right.

      -- mindbender
      www.linkstationwiki.net
    • ant_in_wales
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
        Ah - thanks very much Chris & Mindbender.

        Yet when I telnetted onto LS, rather than get the prompt I expected it
        said "bash205#" and I didn't need to log in (though could browse
        happily).
        Is that normal? Why didn't I need to put in the root password?

        [I fear my questions are going to be a bit basic, but may prove a
        useful resource for other newbies in the future....)

        Cheers

        Tony

        > > Now I might be wrong (and I can't find the reference) but I am sure
        > > read something on Linkstation wiki one time that it did report this
        > > depsite being a leter version. Maybe someone could confirm.
        >
        > thats absolutely right.
        >
        > -- mindbender
        > www.linkstationwiki.net

      • lalunas10
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ant_in_wales" <ant_in_wales@...> wrote:

          > Ah - thanks very much Chris & Mindbender.
          >
          > Yet when I telnetted onto LS, rather than get the prompt I expected it
          > said "bash205#" and I didn't need to log in (though could browse
          > happily).
          > Is that normal? Why didn't I need to put in the root password?

          That's covered in the linkstationwiki.net FAQ 3.8:

          <http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?
          title=FAQ#I_downloaded_a_custom_firmware_and_now_telnet_no_longer_prompts_me_for_a
          _password._What.E2.80.99s_going_on.3F>

          -Andre
        • ant_in_wales
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
            Ah-ha! Thanks Andre - an evening of vi beckons...
            (which I last used in 1993)