LinkStation 120

  • sfseay@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2007
      I posted here earlier about a problem with an OpenLink firmware
      upgrade and somebody asked what I was seeing.

      The diag light is flashing 6 times repeatedly when I try to power the
      unit up.

      Again, I followed the instructions to upgrade my firmware with
      OpenLink, ran the program to upgrade the LinkStation, got a message
      the upgrade worked and I should reboot the Linkstation,
      then I am seeing the blinking red light above.

      I'm sure it is toast, however I'm open to any ideas.

      Steve
    • cherrytreeproduction
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2007
        as long as the hdd isn`t damaged you should be able to recover your box.

        look at
        http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Recover_a_non_working_%22bricked%22_Linkstation

        1) open you LS
        http://www.linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Disassemble_the_white_LinkStation
        2) connect the hdd to your workstation and wipe all partitions on it
        http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Recover_a_non_working_%22bricked%22_Linkstation#Remove_all_partitions
        3) put the blank hdd back into the box and boot
        4) flash the box twice with openlink

        -- mindbender
        www.linkstationwiki.net