How to Downgrade Linkstation....please

  • thuggest_1
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2006
      I have upgraded to firmware HD-HLAN_FW2.22-japanese in June of this
      year from the default upgraded firmware 2.06 which works fine. However
      the 2.22 FW version has issues regarding entering password protected
      folders and can only be accessed when you disable all other drives
      mapped. Please help me bring it back to the last FW version. Thank you.
    • cherrytreeproduction
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 29, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "thuggest_1"
        <thuggest_1@...> wrote:

        > I have upgraded to firmware HD-HLAN_FW2.22-japanese in June of this
        > year from the default upgraded firmware 2.06 which works fine. However
        > the 2.22 FW version has issues regarding entering password protected
        > folders and can only be accessed when you disable all other drives
        > mapped. Please help me bring it back to the last FW version. Thank you.

        maybe you install the latest japanese firmware and give it a try?

        http://downloads.linkstationwiki.net/stock_firmware/HD-HLANv2_FW2.30-japanese.exe

        hint:
        if you want to downgrade, you only have to modify the version inside
        linkstation_version.txt.

        -- mindbender
        www.linkstationwiki.net
      • thuggest_1
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
          Thx, I'm gona try the new Japaness version. In case it doesnt work
          can you please tell me how to find linkstation_version.txt ?

          <cherrytreeproduction@...> wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "thuggest_1"
          > <thuggest_1@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have upgraded to firmware HD-HLAN_FW2.22-japanese in June of
          this
          > > year from the default upgraded firmware 2.06 which works fine.
          However
          > > the 2.22 FW version has issues regarding entering password
          protected
          > > folders and can only be accessed when you disable all other
          drives
          > > mapped. Please help me bring it back to the last FW version.
          Thank you.

          > maybe you install the latest japanese firmware and give it a try?
          >
          > http://downloads.linkstationwiki.net/stock_firmware/HD-
          HLANv2_FW2.30-japanese.exe

          > hint:
          > if you want to downgrade, you only have to modify the version inside
          > linkstation_version.txt.
          >
          > -- mindbender
          > www.linkstationwiki.net

        • thuggest_1