Re: Need Firmwarefile

  • Walter Englert
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "suppi250" <suppi250@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Guys,
      >
      > I have a Linkstation HD-xxx-LAN with 1.47 firmware. I'd like to
      > install twonky on it. It looks like, that I need the 1.45 firmware,
      > cann't find it. Is there somebody how may have an downloadlink for
      me???

      > thanks a lot!
      >
      > suppi250

      Hi suppi250
      Send me an email with your email-adress. I can send you a ZIP-
      File 'LS 145 Final Firm.zip'. But why don't you use the ppc-openlink-
      052.zip? Gives you easy Telnet-Access and twonky will install without
      any problems.

      Walter
    • sfseay@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 29, 2006
        I have to disagree about the openlink firmware.

        I followed the instructions to the letter and bricked by Linkstation.  I loved my Linkstation until
        this happened.  No recourse now.

        Very disappointing and frustrating.

        My advice is to stay away from Openlink.

        Steve

        wrote:

        > Hi Guys,
        >
        > I have a Linkstation HD-xxx-LAN with 1.47 firmware. I'd like to
        > install twonky on it. It looks like, that I need the 1.45 firmware,
        > cann't find it. Is there somebody how may have an downloadlink for
        me???

        > thanks a lot!
        >
        > suppi250

        Hi suppi250
        Send me an email with your email-adress. I can send you a ZIP-
        File 'LS 145 Final Firm.zip'. But why don't you use the ppc-openlink-
        052.zip? Gives you easy Telnet-Access and twonky will install without
        any problems.

        Walter

      • cherrytreeproduction
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 29, 2006
          does the firmware updater find your linkstation?

          maybe your box is just in EM Mode?

          what does not work or what is the situation of your Linkstation?

          describe!

          we only can help you if you tell us that...

          -- mindbender
          www.linkstationwiki.net