Re: [LinkStation_General] Kurobox / Linkstation kernel support in the mainline

  • Guennadi Liakhovetski
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2006
      On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Ross Burton wrote:

      > On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 22:49 +0100, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
      >
      > > So far only KuroboxHG is supported, because this is what I have.
      >
      > I have an original LinkStation, and would be willing to attempt a build
      > for it. Is there a prototype config file for the Linkstation that just
      > needs testing?

      Ok, attached a suggested configuration for kurobox (not HG) / Linkstation
      based on the configuration from
      http://genbako.vodapone.com/kurobox-sources-2.6.19.patch
      I've removed a couple of features: smbfs, replaced with cifs, so far as a
      module; ide, replaced with pata sil680, which means your hard-disk will
      become sda instead of hda. You'd need to modify the kernel command-line
      and duplicate hda lines in /etc/fstab with sda ones. Might need to modify
      some more files. You may want to configure traditional IDE driver, but
      pata works better for me, with IDE my disk fails to boot in about 30% of
      cases, so, I'd prefer to use PATA_SIL680 in the default config:-) Might be
      some more options missing, you'll have to see what you need, but this
      should boot and support most of your hardware.

      More interesting will be u-boot support and flat device tree (.dts file).
      Don't forget you need a different base-clock frequency for UARTs. I'd
      suggest you first build a RAM version of u-boot to play with.

      If anything is unclear - ask.

      Have fun
      Guennadi
      ---