Re: how to refresh the linkstation

  • cherrytreeproduction
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2006
      reflashing with openlink/freelink firmware and deleting all shares in
      /mnt might be the easiest way to achieve that.

      -- mindbender
      www.linkstationwiki.net

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <kwokon611@...>
      wrote:

      > Dear all,
      >
      > I want to ask how can I refresh/format the linkstation, that's mean is
      > there any ways to make the linkstation become a brand new linkstation,
      > just like what I buy it from the shop. Since I get a linkstation that
      > install a lot of things but I want set up the linkstaion from a fresh
      > one. So I hope someone will have idea to do so.Thanks
      >

      > By Anthony

    • Anthony
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2006
        But I hava install some server in the linkstation, such as mysql,
        apache and php. then how can i remove them clearly?

        by anthony

        <cherrytreeproduction@...> wrote:

        > reflashing with openlink/freelink firmware and deleting all shares
        in
        > /mnt might be the easiest way to achieve that.
        >
        > -- mindbender
        > www.linkstationwiki.net
        >
        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <kwokon611@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Dear all,
        > >
        > > I want to ask how can I refresh/format the linkstation, that's
        mean is
        > > there any ways to make the linkstation become a brand new
        linkstation,
        > > just like what I buy it from the shop. Since I get a
        linkstation that
        > > install a lot of things but I want set up the linkstaion from a
        fresh
        > > one. So I hope someone will have idea to do so.Thanks
        > >

        > > By Anthony

      • cherrytreeproduction
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2006
          if you reflash it with any firmware everything on your hdd except the
          shares in /mnt are replaced. the complete OS is replaced with the one
          inside the image.dat of the firmware. never asked yourself why those
          firmware updates are that big?

          -- mindbender