how to refresh the linkstation

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2006
      Dear all,

      I want to ask how can I refresh/format the linkstation, that's mean is
      there any ways to make the linkstation become a brand new linkstation,
      just like what I buy it from the shop. Since I get a linkstation that
      install a lot of things but I want set up the linkstaion from a fresh
      one. So I hope someone will have idea to do so.Thanks

      By Anthony
    • cherrytreeproduction
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2006
        reflashing with openlink/freelink firmware and deleting all shares in
        /mnt might be the easiest way to achieve that.

        -- mindbender
        www.linkstationwiki.net

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <kwokon611@...>
        wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > I want to ask how can I refresh/format the linkstation, that's mean is
        > there any ways to make the linkstation become a brand new linkstation,
        > just like what I buy it from the shop. Since I get a linkstation that
        > install a lot of things but I want set up the linkstaion from a fresh
        > one. So I hope someone will have idea to do so.Thanks
        >

        > By Anthony

      • Anthony
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2006
          But I hava install some server in the linkstation, such as mysql,
          apache and php. then how can i remove them clearly?

          by anthony

          <cherrytreeproduction@...> wrote:

          > reflashing with openlink/freelink firmware and deleting all shares
          in
          > /mnt might be the easiest way to achieve that.
          >
          > -- mindbender
          > www.linkstationwiki.net
          >
          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <kwokon611@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear all,
          > >
          > > I want to ask how can I refresh/format the linkstation, that's
          mean is
          > > there any ways to make the linkstation become a brand new
          linkstation,
          > > just like what I buy it from the shop. Since I get a
          linkstation that
          > > install a lot of things but I want set up the linkstaion from a
          fresh
          > > one. So I hope someone will have idea to do so.Thanks
          > >

          > > By Anthony

        • cherrytreeproduction
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2006
            if you reflash it with any firmware everything on your hdd except the
            shares in /mnt are replaced. the complete OS is replaced with the one
            inside the image.dat of the firmware. never asked yourself why those
            firmware updates are that big?

            -- mindbender