Re: Brother 7420 on Freelink

  • musikgoat
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Anand Pandey"
      <automation_tisco@...> wrote:

      > Hi Folks,
      > I recently bought Brother 7420 and tried to connect to my
      > Mipsel NAS 120GB. In cups web interface the printer is correctly
      > identified. However when I try to print a test page it does not show
      > up in the printer. I am using Cups 1.27
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Anand

      Are you correctly "pointing" your PC printer drivers at the network
      printer?

      Usually, this involves adding a printer, setting it to a network
      printer, and selecting "Connect to a printer on the internet or home
      network"
      Then entering the http://ipoflinkstation:631/locationofprinter

      here's a walkthrough of that setup.
      http://www.divms.uiowa.edu/help/windows/printers/