Brother 7420 on Freelink

  • Anand Pandey
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2006
      Hi Folks,
      I recently bought Brother 7420 and tried to connect to my
      Mipsel NAS 120GB. In cups web interface the printer is correctly
      identified. However when I try to print a test page it does not show
      up in the printer. I am using Cups 1.27

      Thanks

      Anand
    • musikgoat
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Anand Pandey"
        <automation_tisco@...> wrote:

        > Hi Folks,
        > I recently bought Brother 7420 and tried to connect to my
        > Mipsel NAS 120GB. In cups web interface the printer is correctly
        > identified. However when I try to print a test page it does not show
        > up in the printer. I am using Cups 1.27
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Anand

        Are you correctly "pointing" your PC printer drivers at the network
        printer?

        Usually, this involves adding a printer, setting it to a network
        printer, and selecting "Connect to a printer on the internet or home
        network"
        Then entering the http://ipoflinkstation:631/locationofprinter

        here's a walkthrough of that setup.
        http://www.divms.uiowa.edu/help/windows/printers/