Possible solution to 6 blinking problem?

  • prodel82
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2006
      Hi, my 250 GB LS failed with the 6 blinks, and since people have
      success with plugging the HD into a PC, I am wondering if it is a
      feasible idea instead to buy another LS (a 160 since it is less
      expensive) and simply put this HD into the new unit.

      Might this work? And is there any other step I have to take in order
      to make it work? I wonder if I am missing anything, since I have not
      read of this being a solution when others have had a similar problem.

      Thanks for your help.

      Following is the detail of the LS failure, in case there is any
      meaningful info: I have a 250 GB LS that all of a sudden became slow
      to access. I opened an mpg, the the player froze after a few seconds.
      The program not responding. I closed it, opened another mpg and it did
      the same thing. I pressed the power button on the LS, it flashed green
      but would not shut down. I then unplugged it and replugged the power.
      From this point when I pressed the power button it would abort the
      startup and the red led blinks 6 times.