Re: Is It Possible to Upgrade the Hard Drive In the LinkStation???

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 27 10:21 PM
      <musikgoat@...> wrote:

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10"
      > <lalunas10@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "phuongngocvo"
      > <phuongngocvo@> wrote:
      > > [...]
      > > > I have a Bufallo
      > > > LinkStation HD-HLAN964 with a 160GB hard drive. Is it possible
      > > > replace the internal hard drive in the unit with a 300GB one?
      > >
      > > Just put an unpartitioned drive in, and run the firmware updater.
      > >
      > > -Andre
      > >

      > In regards to this method, you may need to run the firmware updater
      > twice, once to partition the drives, and the second time to put the
      > image on the first partition.
      >
      > good luck

      I just swapped out the stock 160 GB with a 320 GB and ran the
      firmware updater with 1.47 on it (twice) and reflashed the LS,
      partitioned the drive and it was ready. That easy. The longest part
      was just waiting for all my data to copy back over to it.

      One thing I have seen different than what is stated on the Docs I
      found is that the IP in EM mode is not 192.168.11.150. The IP Utility
      found it as 192.168.1.55.