Re: Broken LS (HD-H120LAN) .. any debug strategies?

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2006
      Could be just a bad firmware install. I just replaced a 160GB with a
      320 GB after backing up all my data off the old drive. And then used
      the firmware updater to put the LS 1.47 firmware I had back into the
      unit. I had to do this twice, because the first time always fails.
      But then it works ok and starts initializing the drive and
      partitioning it and formatting so it will be ready to go.

      If your fine with a 120 GB, try this. But for about $100, you can
      still get a 320 GB brand new and do what I have stated.

      I found the extensive directions on how to do this on the internet,
      but doing it is much simpler than how the instructions were written
      out. The guy that wrote the instructions made it sound like you had
      to jump through hoops and be a grand master at Linux. This was not
      so, and I had a working LS in about an hour.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "philhochstetler"