wierd font on HD-HGLAN FWUpdate.exe for openlink install: why?

  • robertdotnagle
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2006
      Hi, there, I have a 300 gig hd-hg300lan linkstation.

      I was going to upgrade to openlink. I'm doing a firmware flash. (using
      http://downloads.linkstationwiki.net/openlink/hg-openlink-051b.zip ).

      However, when i pressed the icon for HD-HGLAN FWUpdate.exe

      I saw this:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjnagle/307168246/in/set-72157594291061585/

      So it's recognizing the device, but the font is illegible. Maybe
      there's nothing wrong, but I want to be sure what button I'm pushing
      before I do it.

      will any of these buttons on this dialog initiate the firmware flashing?

      What do the buttons do? Does this indicate a problem?

      The instructions say to make sure your pc that is flashing the
      linkstation is in the same subnet. How do you do this: when I run
      ipconfig when connected directly to the linkstation, I get nothing.

      Will the flashing utility detect the correct network configuration, or
      will I need to hardcode some static settings for my ethernet connection.

      (Let me guess: 192.168.11.151, 255.255.255.0, no gateway).

      I can't do anything unless I get clarification on this.

      Thanks.
      Robert Nagle