Re: [LinkStation_General] Painfully Slow Linkstation

  • KeepIt SimpleStupid
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2006
      You can have an interface with 10/100/1000 base T
      Ethernet on a 10 MHz processer and you'll never be
      able to achieve 80% of GB speeds. Unfortunately, I
      believe if you talk to Buffalo you'll find the
      transfer rate to not be as expected.

      The transfer rate that you may be able to obtain from
      a network is about 80% of rated speed because of
      overhead.

      These threads do have some ideas for speeding up the
      network, though.

      --- chess_lanier <rbpaul@...> wrote:

      > I have a Linkstation 250GB. I have been reading the
      > messages here for
      > some time now and they are a bit more technical than
      > I am. I have
      > just gotten a new MacBook, and after connecting to
      > the linkstation
      > (both FTP and AFP) I am finding the transfer rate
      > (both to and from)
      > to be much slower than my old Dell XP or my
      > daughter's iMac.
      >
      > I am looking for some simple instructions on how to
      > address speeding
      > up the transfer rate of teh linkstation.
      >
      > Thanks

      Cheap talk?
      http://voice.yahoo.com