ttyUSB0

  • Lechee.Lai
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2006
      hi,
      Does any one success enable tty console via usb serial dongle pl2303
      1. #insmod usbserial.o
      2. #insmod pl2303.o

      LS2 #cat /dev/ttyUSB0
      client side using minicom success communication with LS2

      3. #getty -n ttyUSB0 57600 vt102
      minicom cannot success login LS2 :-(

      any experience for ttyUSB0 !!!!

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 18, 2006
        I did get something like this to work, but on an LS1 with an older
        original Linkstation kernel but with the added modules from a similar
        kurobox.

        In my case, my serial dongle was different: an mct_u232.o instead of
        your pl2303.o

        I also used different getty options: a "-L" instead of your "-n". I'm
        new to the configurization of getty, but this did work for me.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Lechee.Lai" <lecheel@...>