Installation Help for HD-HG300LAN

  • sibex1969
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 10, 2006
      Ive just purchased the HD-HG300LAN linkstation and cannot get my PC
      torecognise it during the initial setup.The lights on the unit are on
      and i have tried the cable selection switch inboth positions.When
      running the install IP setup utility however, nothing is found.I have
      disabling all firewalls and disabled the MAC address
      functionalitythat only allows my PC to see the router. What can I try
      next. thanks.
    • Santino Manahan
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 10, 2006
        It seems that your PC and the Linkstation are connected via a Router, is this correct? If so, I'd suggest connecting your PC directly to the Linkstation and try again.

        Good luck

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 10, 2006
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "sibex1969"
          <simonbeckman@...> wrote:

          > Ive just purchased the HD-HG300LAN linkstation and cannot get my PC
          > torecognise it during the initial setup.The lights on the unit are on
          > and i have tried the cable selection switch inboth positions.When
          > running the install IP setup utility however, nothing is found.I have
          > disabling all firewalls and disabled the MAC address
          > functionalitythat only allows my PC to see the router. What can I try
          > next. thanks.

          Have you tried accessing it via IP address instead of via the setup
          program? Your router should be able to show what IP addresses it has
          assigned. In my case, when I found the IP address of the LinkStation,
          I was able to ping it and administer it through its HTTP interface,
          but the setup program never saw it. Later, somebody here pointed me
          to the newer TeraStation setup program, which was able to see the
          LinkStation fine when I installed it.
        • sibex1969
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 10, 2006
            Many thanks,
            I will try that.

            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ummmmm22"

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 10, 2006
              Hi there and thank you fro replying. It is connected via a router
              and i have attempted to connect directly to the PC too and it still
              does not see the linkstation

              --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Santino Manahan
              <iamsantino@...> wrote:

              > It seems that your PC and the Linkstation are connected via a
              Router, is this correct? If so, I'd suggest connecting your PC
              directly to the Linkstation and try again.

              > Good luck

            • sibex1969
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 10, 2006
                One more thing,
                where can i find the TeraStation setup program?

                thanks.

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 10, 2006
                  <sibex1969@...> wrote:

                  > One more thing,
                  > where can i find the TeraStation setup program?
                  >
                  > thanks.

                  Figured you might ask that :-). Sorry, I was just being lazy. It's
                  in a recent post, so I didn't bother to go find it.

                  http://www.buffalotech.com/downloads/TsClient.zip