Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: telnet on HD-H250LAN [newbie]

Expand Messages
  • dmoadab
    I m trying to get the Linkstation to see a shared drive on a PC as local share or folder on the linkstation. ... pain ... your ... Linux
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 31, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      I'm trying to get the Linkstation to see a shared drive on a PC as
      local share or folder on the linkstation.


      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "cherrytreeproduction"
      <cherrytreeproduction@...> wrote:
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@>
      wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm trying to run this command but I get the following.
      > > Any advise is appreciated.
      > >
      > > root@LINKSTATION:/# cd ..
      > > root@LINKSTATION:/# /usr/sbin/smbmount
      > > sh: /usr/sbin/smbmount: No such file or directory
      > > root@LINKSTATION:/#
      >
      >
      > what are you trying to achieve?
      >
      > the guy before mounts the samba shares on his
      > linux-workstation....ther smbmount is available of course.
      >
      > -- mindbender
      >
      >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jonathan_elvers"
      > > <jonathan_elvers@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I just bought a 250Gb device to backup my Linux Samba server. I
      > > > upgraded the firmware etc and wanted to get NFS going.
      > > > In the end I found the instructions difficult to follow and a
      pain
      > > in
      > > > the ass.
      > > > In the end I solved it in about 15mins much easier. Upgrade
      your
      > > unix
      > > > box to Samba 3, and use SMB to mount the Linkstation from the
      Linux
      > > > box. Then you copy on the Linux box and works great.
      > > > goto www.samba.org
      > > > I do it like this is a script scheduled via cron
      > > > /usr/sbin/smbmount //nas-ls-a/share /nas -o guest
      > > > and now my /nas is on the Linkstation.
      > > >
      > > > In this way you can use the Linkstation out of the box.
      > > >
      > >
      >
    • lalunas10
      ... [no top-posting please] ... What does which smbmount report? -Andre
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 31, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@...> wrote:

        [no top-posting please]

        > > > > I do it like this is a script scheduled via cron
        > > > > /usr/sbin/smbmount //nas-ls-a/share /nas -o guest
        > > > sh: /usr/sbin/smbmount: No such file or directory

        What does "which smbmount" report?

        -Andre
      • dmoadab
        ... root@LINKSTATION:/# which smbmount which: no smbmount in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin ... root@LINKSTATION:/#
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 31, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10"
          <lalunas10@...> wrote:
          >
          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@>
          wrote:
          >
          > [no top-posting please]
          >
          > > > > > I do it like this is a script scheduled via cron
          > > > > > /usr/sbin/smbmount //nas-ls-a/share /nas -o guest
          > > > > sh: /usr/sbin/smbmount: No such file or directory
          >
          > What does "which smbmount" report?
          >
          > -Andre
          >

          root@LINKSTATION:/# which smbmount
          which: no smbmount in
          (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin
          :/usr/sbin:/sbin)
          root@LINKSTATION:/#
        • lalunas10
          ... [...] ... [...] ... What firmware did you flash? -Andre
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 1, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@...> wrote:
            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10"
            > <lalunas10@> wrote:
            > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@>
            > wrote:
            [...]
            > > > > > > I do it like this is a script scheduled via cron
            > > > > > > /usr/sbin/smbmount //nas-ls-a/share /nas -o guest
            [...]
            > root@LINKSTATION:/# which smbmount
            > which: no smbmount in
            > (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin
            > :/usr/sbin:/sbin)

            What firmware did you flash?

            -Andre
          • dmoadab
            ... ... (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin ... hg-openlink-051b Got Slimserver and Samba installed. But still no
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 10, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10"
              <lalunas10@...> wrote:
              >
              > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@>
              wrote:
              > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10"
              > > <lalunas10@> wrote:
              > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab"
              <dmoadab@>
              > > wrote:
              > [...]
              > > > > > > > I do it like this is a script scheduled via cron
              > > > > > > > /usr/sbin/smbmount //nas-ls-a/share /nas -o guest
              > [...]
              > > root@LINKSTATION:/# which smbmount
              > > which: no smbmount in
              > >
              (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin
              > > :/usr/sbin:/sbin)
              >
              > What firmware did you flash?
              >
              > -Andre
              >

              hg-openlink-051b
              Got Slimserver and Samba installed.
              But still no smbmount.
            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.