Re: telnet on HD-H250LAN [newbie]

  • cherrytreeproduction
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 31, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@...> wrote:

      > I'm trying to run this command but I get the following.
      > Any advise is appreciated.
      >
      > root@LINKSTATION:/# cd ..
      > root@LINKSTATION:/# /usr/sbin/smbmount
      > sh: /usr/sbin/smbmount: No such file or directory
      > root@LINKSTATION:/#

      what are you trying to achieve?

      the guy before mounts the samba shares on his
      linux-workstation....ther smbmount is available of course.

      -- mindbender

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jonathan_elvers"
      > <jonathan_elvers@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I just bought a 250Gb device to backup my Linux Samba server. I
      > > upgraded the firmware etc and wanted to get NFS going.
      > > In the end I found the instructions difficult to follow and a pain
      > in
      > > the ass.
      > > In the end I solved it in about 15mins much easier. Upgrade your
      > unix
      > > box to Samba 3, and use SMB to mount the Linkstation from the Linux
      > > box. Then you copy on the Linux box and works great.
      > > goto www.samba.org
      > > I do it like this is a script scheduled via cron
      > > /usr/sbin/smbmount //nas-ls-a/share /nas -o guest
      > > and now my /nas is on the Linkstation.
      > >
      > > In this way you can use the Linkstation out of the box.

    • dmoadab
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 31, 2006
        I'm trying to get the Linkstation to see a shared drive on a PC as
        local share or folder on the linkstation.

        <cherrytreeproduction@...> wrote:

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@>
        wrote:

        > > I'm trying to run this command but I get the following.
        > > Any advise is appreciated.
        > >
        > > root@LINKSTATION:/# cd ..
        > > root@LINKSTATION:/# /usr/sbin/smbmount
        > > sh: /usr/sbin/smbmount: No such file or directory
        > > root@LINKSTATION:/#
        >

        > what are you trying to achieve?
        >
        > the guy before mounts the samba shares on his
        > linux-workstation....ther smbmount is available of course.
        >
        > -- mindbender
        >

        > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jonathan_elvers"
        > > <jonathan_elvers@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I just bought a 250Gb device to backup my Linux Samba server. I
        > > > upgraded the firmware etc and wanted to get NFS going.
        > > > In the end I found the instructions difficult to follow and a
        pain
        > > in
        > > > the ass.
        > > > In the end I solved it in about 15mins much easier. Upgrade
        your
        > > unix
        > > > box to Samba 3, and use SMB to mount the Linkstation from the
        Linux
        > > > box. Then you copy on the Linux box and works great.
        > > > goto www.samba.org
        > > > I do it like this is a script scheduled via cron
        > > > /usr/sbin/smbmount //nas-ls-a/share /nas -o guest
        > > > and now my /nas is on the Linkstation.
        > > >
        > > > In this way you can use the Linkstation out of the box.

      • lalunas10
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 31, 2006
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@...> wrote:

          [no top-posting please]

          > > > sh: /usr/sbin/smbmount: No such file or directory

          What does "which smbmount" report?

          -Andre
        • dmoadab
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 31, 2006
            <lalunas10@...> wrote:

            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@>
            wrote:

            > [no top-posting please]

            > What does "which smbmount" report?
            >
            > -Andre

            root@LINKSTATION:/# which smbmount
            which: no smbmount in
            (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin
            :/usr/sbin:/sbin)
            root@LINKSTATION:/#
          • lalunas10
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 1, 2006
              --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@...> wrote:
              > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10"
              > <lalunas10@> wrote:
              > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@>
              > wrote:
              [...]
              > root@LINKSTATION:/# which smbmount
              > which: no smbmount in
              > (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin
              > :/usr/sbin:/sbin)

              What firmware did you flash?

              -Andre
            • dmoadab
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 10, 2006
                <lalunas10@...> wrote:

                > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@>
                wrote:
                > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10"
                > > <lalunas10@> wrote:
                > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab"
                <dmoadab@>
                > > wrote:
                > [...]
                > [...]
                > > root@LINKSTATION:/# which smbmount
                > > which: no smbmount in

                (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin
                > > :/usr/sbin:/sbin)
                >
                > What firmware did you flash?
                >
                > -Andre

                hg-openlink-051b