Roku turns off?

  • dmoadab
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2006
      I followed the directions on
      http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html.
      Everythong went perfectly on my PPC LS.
      Slimserver is up and running now but...
      When I connect my Soundbridge to my "Linkstation" server, it turns
      itself off.

      Anyone have any ideas?

      Thanks
    • anthonyinnyc
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 17, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@...> wrote:

        > I followed the directions on
        > http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html.
        > Everythong went perfectly on my PPC LS.
        > Slimserver is up and running now but...
        > When I connect my Soundbridge to my "Linkstation" server, it turns
        > itself off.
        >
        > Anyone have any ideas?
        >
        > Thanks

        Yes, dump Roku.
      • risimmonsuk
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18, 2007
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "anthonyinnyc"
          <Anthony@...> wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I followed the directions on
          > > http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html.
          > > Everythong went perfectly on my PPC LS.
          > > Slimserver is up and running now but...
          > > When I connect my Soundbridge to my "Linkstation" server, it turns
          > > itself off.
          > >
          > > Anyone have any ideas?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > Yes, dump Roku.

          Don't dump the Roku, dump Slimserver. I'd recommend Firefly (formerly
          mt-daapd) - it's now Roku sponsored, and supports a dedicated Roku
          streaming protocol, so it's pretty speedy. I've got it running on my
          LinkstationII (w. openlink).

          www.fireflymediaserver.org

          I think there might be some pre-compiled binaries for some linkstation
          variants now - I compiled it myself though. Step-by-step instructions
          are here;
          http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=7682
          in the last post on the page.

          HTH
        • James
          Message 4 of 4 , May 7 12:22 PM
            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "risimmonsuk"
            <risimmonsuk@...> wrote:

            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "anthonyinnyc"
            > <Anthony@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@>
            wrote:

            > > > I followed the directions on
            > > > http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html.
            > > > Everythong went perfectly on my PPC LS.
            > > > Slimserver is up and running now but...
            > > > When I connect my Soundbridge to my "Linkstation" server, it turns
            > > > itself off.
            > > >
            > > > Anyone have any ideas?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks
            > > >
            > > Yes, dump Roku.
            > >
            > Don't dump the Roku, dump Slimserver. I'd recommend Firefly (formerly
            > mt-daapd) - it's now Roku sponsored, and supports a dedicated Roku
            > streaming protocol, so it's pretty speedy. I've got it running on my
            > LinkstationII (w. openlink).
            >
            > www.fireflymediaserver.org
            >
            > I think there might be some pre-compiled binaries for some linkstation
            > variants now - I compiled it myself though. Step-by-step instructions
            > are here;
            > http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=7682
            > in the last post on the page.
            >
            > HTH

            I can only echo the recommendation to move to Firefly. I was able to
            download, install and configure it to play FLAC files even though I am
            a Linux noob so it can't be that difficult.

            Homepage: http://www.fireflymediaserver.org/ use the wiki and forums
            listed in the left hand column. The developer and other experienced
            users are VERY prompt in replying to questions and problems posted in
            the forum. It works very well with the Roku - I have an M-2000 and
            love the combination.

            James