How to hack the linkstation

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 24, 2006
      Dear All,

      I have got a new linkstation, but i found that the USB and some
      software can not used. I want to ask i follow the "Hacking Howto for
      the linkstation" guide and hack the linkstation. i can solve the
      problem?

      And also i want to ask how to upgrade the kernel of the linkstation to
      kernel 2.6.X.

      Best Regards,

      Anthony
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 24, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <kwokon611@...> wrote:

        > Dear All,

        Hi Anthony!

        > I have got a new linkstation, but i found that the USB and some
        > software can not used. I want to ask i follow the "Hacking Howto for
        > the linkstation" guide and hack the linkstation. i can solve the
        > problem?

        If you don't detail it: on your own, I'm afraid.

        Check out <http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=FAQ>!

        > And also i want to ask how to upgrade the kernel of the linkstation to
        > kernel 2.6.X.

        I'm hosting the kernel 2.6 for PPC based Linkstations on my website, <http://
        hvkls.dyndns.org/downloads/documentation/README-webinstaller.html>.

        -Andre