Re: Replacement Fan

  • peter450669
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2006
      <cherrytreeproduction@...> wrote:

      > i think you can replace it with any
      > 40 x 40 x 10 mm 12V fan. i would search for a silent one and buy
      > it...it should have 3 three pins so it can be controlled from the
      LS.

      > then just cut the cables, solder the cables from the new fan, close
      it
      > and everything should be done.
      >
      > -- mindbender
      >

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "John Accomando"
      > <accomando201@> wrote:
      > >
      > > My Linkstation HD120 fan has finally failed. I was able to
      remove it
      > > from the chasis and am looking for any information on a
      replacement.
      > > Yes I know I can just replace it with a like one, but I'm looking
      for
      > > one with the wiring harness intact. I looked on eBay for parts
      but
      > > nothing. I have been to the following sites:
      > > http://www.kurobox.com/mwiki/index.php/Fan
      > > http://www.linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Fan_noise
      > >
      > > This page has what I want, but HOW DO YOU BUY IT???
      > > http://www.kuroutoshikou.com/products/kuro-box/kuro-box_parts.html
      > >
      > > Does anyone know where I can get this part?
      > > Does anyone have any spare parts???
      > >
      > > Any help is appreciated.
      > >
      > > John

      Hi. I have recently replaced the fans in both of my Linkstations.
      You will find that a fan complete with the wiring harness will not be
      available, as the fan is wired into the same multipole plug which
      also feeds from the power supply, you will have to cut and solder the
      leads, I am afraid, or ask someone else to do it if you cannot solder
      yourself.

      Pete