Replacement Fan

  • John Accomando
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2006
      My Linkstation HD120 fan has finally failed. I was able to remove it
      from the chasis and am looking for any information on a replacement.
      Yes I know I can just replace it with a like one, but I'm looking for
      one with the wiring harness intact. I looked on eBay for parts but
      nothing. I have been to the following sites:
      http://www.kurobox.com/mwiki/index.php/Fan
      http://www.linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Fan_noise

      This page has what I want, but HOW DO YOU BUY IT???
      http://www.kuroutoshikou.com/products/kuro-box/kuro-box_parts.html

      Does anyone know where I can get this part?
      Does anyone have any spare parts???

      Any help is appreciated.

      John
    • cherrytreeproduction
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 22, 2006
        i think you can replace it with any
        40 x 40 x 10 mm 12V fan. i would search for a silent one and buy
        it...it should have 3 three pins so it can be controlled from the LS.

        then just cut the cables, solder the cables from the new fan, close it
        and everything should be done.

        -- mindbender

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "John Accomando"
        <accomando201@...> wrote:

        > My Linkstation HD120 fan has finally failed. I was able to remove it
        > from the chasis and am looking for any information on a replacement.
        > Yes I know I can just replace it with a like one, but I'm looking for
        > one with the wiring harness intact. I looked on eBay for parts but
        > nothing. I have been to the following sites:
        > http://www.kurobox.com/mwiki/index.php/Fan
        > http://www.linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Fan_noise
        >
        > This page has what I want, but HOW DO YOU BUY IT???
        > http://www.kuroutoshikou.com/products/kuro-box/kuro-box_parts.html
        >
        > Does anyone know where I can get this part?
        > Does anyone have any spare parts???
        >
        > Any help is appreciated.
        >
        > John

      • Accomando (Yahoo)
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 22, 2006
          Thanks, and I think that may be my only option.  I just wanted to see if anyone has a resource to buy or had a spare fan with the factory harness.

          John

          <accomando201@ ...> wrote:

          > My Linkstation HD120 fan has finally failed. I was able to remove it
          > from the chasis and am looking for any information on a replacement.
          > Yes I know I can just replace it with a like one, but I'm looking for
          > one with the wiring harness intact. I looked on eBay for parts but
          > nothing. I have been to the following sites:
          > http://www.kurobox. com/mwiki/ index.php/ Fan
          > http://www.linkstat ionwiki.net/ index.php? title=Fan_ noise
          >
          > This page has what I want, but HOW DO YOU BUY IT???
          > http://www.kuroutos hikou.com/ products/ kuro-box/ kuro-box_ parts.html
          >
          > Does anyone know where I can get this part?
          > Does anyone have any spare parts???
          >
          > Any help is appreciated.
          >
          > John

        • peter450669
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 23, 2006
            <cherrytreeproduction@...> wrote:

            > i think you can replace it with any
            > 40 x 40 x 10 mm 12V fan. i would search for a silent one and buy
            > it...it should have 3 three pins so it can be controlled from the
            LS.

            > then just cut the cables, solder the cables from the new fan, close
            it
            > and everything should be done.
            >
            > -- mindbender
            >

            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "John Accomando"
            > <accomando201@> wrote:
            > >
            > > My Linkstation HD120 fan has finally failed. I was able to
            remove it
            > > from the chasis and am looking for any information on a
            replacement.
            > > Yes I know I can just replace it with a like one, but I'm looking
            for
            > > one with the wiring harness intact. I looked on eBay for parts
            but
            > > nothing. I have been to the following sites:
            > > http://www.kurobox.com/mwiki/index.php/Fan
            > > http://www.linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Fan_noise
            > >
            > > This page has what I want, but HOW DO YOU BUY IT???
            > > http://www.kuroutoshikou.com/products/kuro-box/kuro-box_parts.html
            > >
            > > Does anyone know where I can get this part?
            > > Does anyone have any spare parts???
            > >
            > > Any help is appreciated.
            > >
            > > John

            Hi. I have recently replaced the fans in both of my Linkstations.
            You will find that a fan complete with the wiring harness will not be
            available, as the fan is wired into the same multipole plug which
            also feeds from the power supply, you will have to cut and solder the
            leads, I am afraid, or ask someone else to do it if you cannot solder
            yourself.

            Pete