lexmark x1100

  • ptac1988
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2006
      hey there,
      just got my link station HD-HLAN 160Gb. I've managed to set up most of
      the features, but when I tried to install my printer I hit a brick
      wall. I knew that the 2-way functions on the printer would not work
      when I ordered the linkstation, but I was under the impression that I
      would still be able to print. Can anyone give me any clues(or even a
      step by step guide if it's not 2 difficult)??
      I'm running XP by the way.
      thanks in advance,
      Paul
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ptac1988" <ptac1@...> wrote:

        > hey there,
        > just got my link station HD-HLAN 160Gb. I've managed to set up most of
        > the features, but when I tried to install my printer I hit a brick
        > wall. I knew that the 2-way functions on the printer would not work
        > when I ordered the linkstation, but I was under the impression that I
        > would still be able to print. Can anyone give me any clues(or even a
        > step by step guide if it's not 2 difficult)??

        <http://linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Lexmark-X1100>

        You've got to install CUPS as it seems, and probably also compile the driver. Not easy for
        newbies but generally possible.

        -Andre
      • cherrytreeproduction
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 20, 2006
          > Can anyone give me any clues(or even a
          > step by step guide if it's not 2 difficult)??

          at first look if the printer is really recognized in
          http://<linkstation-ip>/cgi-bin/usb-info.cgi

          normally getting a Printer to work is just a matter of enabling the
          Print Server on http://<linkstation-ip>/cgi-bin/usb-printer.cgi and
          then choose "Postscript" as a printer type.

          if this does not work then it seems that the specific printer model
          (or all lexmark printers?) triggers this problem.

          best regards
          mindbender
          www.linkstationwiki.net