Re: OpenLink + Long File Name on Mac

  • lalunas10
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 13, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "thecreakhead" <thecreakhead@...> wrote:

      > I ran the command you gave me and it gave me this:
      > root@HIPPO:/# ps auxw|grep afpd|grep -v grep
      > root 280 0.0 2.0 7436 1296 ? S 12:01 0:00
      > /usr/sbin/afpd -c 1000 -n HIPPO

      Sorry, cp&p wasn't precise enough:

      # afpd -version
      afpd 2.0.3 - Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) daemon of Netatalk

      This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
      the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
      Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later
      version. Please see the file COPYING for further information and details.

      afpd has been compiled with support for these features:

      AFP3.1 support: Yes
      Transport layers: TCP/IP DDP
      CNID backends: cdb dbd last

      afpd.conf: /etc/netatalk/afpd.conf
      AppleVolumes.system: /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.system
      AppleVolumes.default: /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default
      UAM search path: /usr/lib/netatalk/

      -Andre
    • thecreakhead
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 14, 2006
        Thanks for the info I ran the version command and it turns out it was
        an old version. :(
        root@HIPPO:/# afpd -version
        afpd (version 1.6.4)

        I have an old version... I guess I have to try installing the new one
        again.

        Thanks
        Aaron