Re: No Windows Vista (Build 5308) access to Linkstation's protected shares

  • gonzo_t_durden
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 12, 2006

      played with RC1 and couldn't connect either. Searched linkstation
      wiki forum and found:

      "Just a note in case anyone else runs into this problem.

      If you want to connect to a share on a Buffalo Terastation (which
      seems to be using Samba) from a Windows Vista installation, you need
      to do the following:
      Run the Local Security Policy app - secpol.msc
      Go to Local Policies | Security Options and choose the "Network
      Security: LAN Manager Authentican Level" item
      Set it to "Send LM & NLTM, use NTMLv2 session if negotiated"

      And that should sort you out."

      (Works also with Linkstation)

      Have fun

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com,