Re: OpenLink + Long File Name on Mac

  • lalunas10
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 11, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "thecreakhead" <thecreakhead@...> wrote:

      > Ok i need some more help. I have installed the BerklyDB and I think I
      > complied Netatalk, but i must have missed something. Or I just don't
      > know how to run netatalk. The steps I took where I ran configure on
      > netatalk, then make install. What do i do next?

      Is it already running?

      ps auxw|grep afpd|grep -v grep

      If it is, and is already doing so after a reboot, configure netatalk as I suggested here:

      <http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Macintosh_related_configuration%2C_netatalk%
      2C_mt-daapd#Debian_stable_binaries.2C_configuration_samples>

      -Andre
    • thecreakhead
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 12, 2006
        I ran the command you gave me and it gave me this:
        root@HIPPO:/# ps auxw|grep afpd|grep -v grep
        root 280 0.0 2.0 7436 1296 ? S 12:01 0:00
        /usr/sbin/afpd -c 1000 -n HIPPO

        Is that good? I tried to follow the directions you suggested on the
        webpage but i don't seem to find the same files as your example. The
        only place i can find a directory of netatalk is where I extracted the
        tar file to root@HIPPO:/usr/local/netatalk-2.0.3#

        Thank for any info, I guess I might be over my head.
        Thanks again,
        Aaron

        <lalunas10@...> wrote:

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "thecreakhead"
        <thecreakhead@> wrote:

        > > Ok i need some more help. I have installed the BerklyDB and I think I
        > > complied Netatalk, but i must have missed something. Or I just don't
        > > know how to run netatalk. The steps I took where I ran configure on
        > > netatalk, then make install. What do i do next?
        >
        > Is it already running?
        >
        > ps auxw|grep afpd|grep -v grep
        >
        > If it is, and is already doing so after a reboot, configure netatalk
        as I suggested here:

        <http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Macintosh_related_configuration%2C_netatalk%
        > 2C_mt-daapd#Debian_stable_binaries.2C_configuration_samples>
        >
        > -Andre

      • lalunas10
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 13, 2006
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "thecreakhead" <thecreakhead@...> wrote:

          > I ran the command you gave me and it gave me this:
          > root@HIPPO:/# ps auxw|grep afpd|grep -v grep
          > root 280 0.0 2.0 7436 1296 ? S 12:01 0:00
          > /usr/sbin/afpd -c 1000 -n HIPPO

          That's good, netatalk is on. Try and see what version is running, which will also answer
          your question about the location of the configuration files:

          afpd 2.0.3 - Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) daemon of Netatalk

          This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
          the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
          Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later
          version. Please see the file COPYING for further information and details.

          afpd has been compiled with support for these features:

          AFP3.1 support: Yes
          Transport layers: TCP/IP DDP
          CNID backends: cdb dbd last

          afpd.conf: /etc/netatalk/afpd.conf
          AppleVolumes.system: /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.system
          AppleVolumes.default: /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default
          UAM search path: /usr/lib/netatalk/

          -Andre

          -Andre
        • lalunas10
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 13, 2006
            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "thecreakhead" <thecreakhead@...> wrote:

            > I ran the command you gave me and it gave me this:
            > root@HIPPO:/# ps auxw|grep afpd|grep -v grep
            > root 280 0.0 2.0 7436 1296 ? S 12:01 0:00
            > /usr/sbin/afpd -c 1000 -n HIPPO

            Sorry, cp&p wasn't precise enough:

            # afpd -version

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 14, 2006
              Thanks for the info I ran the version command and it turns out it was
              an old version. :(
              root@HIPPO:/# afpd -version
              afpd (version 1.6.4)

              I have an old version... I guess I have to try installing the new one
              again.

              Thanks
              Aaron