LinkStation connection, changing hard drive?

  • rob566023
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2006
      I bought a secondhand HD-H120LAN, it worked fine ut in the end wasn't
      big enough, I tried to swap out the drives but as soon as did that it
      wouldn't connect, I put the old drive back in all fine again, until
      now. I get the power on light as normal and the link/act light but I
      cannot see the LinkStation, either by connection to a router or direct
      to a PC. It is the newer model with out the switch on the back for
      crossover.
      Is there away of reloading the Linux software on the drive or new
      drive. Or have a killed it all.
      By the way I run Windows XP. I have searched the net but all I find is
      Linux forums
      Thanks in advance
    • ramuklinkstation
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2006
        take a look here:
        http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Recover_a_non_working_%
        22bricked%22_Linkstation

        If you wanted to use the stock firmware you could just flash it with
        the stock firmware. If you wanted to try OpenLink or FreeLink you
        could flash one of those.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "rob566023" <blobstrom@...>
        wrote:

        > I bought a secondhand HD-H120LAN, it worked fine ut in the end wasn't
        > big enough, I tried to swap out the drives but as soon as did that it
        > wouldn't connect, I put the old drive back in all fine again, until
        > now. I get the power on light as normal and the link/act light but I
        > cannot see the LinkStation, either by connection to a router or direct
        > to a PC. It is the newer model with out the switch on the back for
        > crossover.
        > Is there away of reloading the Linux software on the drive or new
        > drive. Or have a killed it all.
        > By the way I run Windows XP. I have searched the net but all I find is
        > Linux forums
        > Thanks in advance

      • rob566023
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 7, 2006
          OK thanks a lot, I am new to these Linkstations, I managed to get my
          300gb drive to work OK using stock firmware. I never realised these
          things are basically PC's in their own right

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ramuklinkstation"