Re: Problem with WORKGROUP share from Domain-authenticated machine

  • ummmmm22
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, KeepIt SimpleStupid
      <keepitsimplestupid@...> wrote:

      > --- ummmmm22 <ummmmm-22@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Thanks for the idea. I thought I had tried that
      > > before, but it was
      > > worth another try. Unfortunately, no worky. Same
      > > "The network path
      > > \\<ip address>\<share> could not be found." (Where
      > > I did put in the
      > > real IP address and share name.) Oh well.
      > >

      > Does your share name have space in it? Share may be
      > case sensitive as well. e.g. \\192.168.1.1\"My Share"

      No space, tried the possible capitalizations. Thanks for the
      suggestions, though. Might try mapping a "drive" over FTP if I have to.

      Doug
    • ummmmm22
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ummmmm22" <ummmmm-22@...>
        wrote:

        > My HD-HG300 is configured in the "WORKGROUP" workgroup, and my two
        > home PCs in the same workgroup find it there fine.
        >
        > My work machine, though, which is part of a Domain, cannot even see
        > the LinkStation shares. I can ping it by its IP address, but I cannot
        > access it via Explorer. Trying \\<ip address> results in a "The
        > network path was not found" dialog. Stock 1.61 firmware.
        >
        > Any ideas?
        > Doug

        For posterity, I figured out what the problem was here. It was my
        ZoneAlarm firewall. It did not have the IP address of the LinkStation
        or subnet of my home network in its "Trusted Zone". It took reloading
        another machine, which worked at first then quit working after some
        installs, for me to realize this.

        Doug