Share access problem on my LinkStation II (OpenLink 0.52b)

  • smile_02851
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2006
      I have a Linkstation II running openlink 0.52b and I am working in a
      network that I have limited rights to the workstations and network
      (Corporate) but I do have full access to the linkstations. My
      workstations are all part of a win 2k domain, the linkstation is
      part of the nas workgroup. I have no problem connecting from a
      computer that is not a domain member, however all workstations that
      are, won't connect.

      The Domain member computers will connect if I add a user to the
      Linkstation that has the samba passwork set to null.

      After Calling buffalo tech support they claim this can't be done,
      have any of you sceen the problem or have a work around?

      Would upgrading to samba 3 fix this issue or make things worse?

      I tried to update my linkstation II to Samba 3 but while installing
      prereq software the linkstation lost the ability to LS(dir command)
      complaining of a missing refrence. after a while the unity more or
      less powers off and has a red flashing light (diag)

      I managed to reflash the unity and now am back to scrach...

      HELP....